Getting to and from the track over the F1 Grand Prix weekend can be an issue, especially on race day.
There are various ‘park and rides’ available, from Northampton, Milton Keynes and Hinton in the Hedges, just outside Brackley
Googling found me this:
Although out-of-town, Silverstone has reasonably good transport links. However, it’s important to organise your transport in advance:
* Train – take the train to Northampton station and from here you can take the shuttle bus to the circuit.
* Shuttle Bus – a regular bus service runs between Northampton train station and the circuit over Grand Prix weekend. Megabus also operate a Sunday-only bus service from Milton Keynes station. Please be aware that both services are payable.
* Coach – bookF1.com run a coach service between London and the circuit on Saturday and Sunday. See the ‘Transport & Parking’ page for booking.
* Taxi – taxis can run to the circuit but because of the road redirections you will may to book them for the full day and buy parking. See the Car section for more information.
* Car – the circuit is located on the A43 which can be easily reached from the M1 and M40 motorways. If you intend to drive, you need to choose between paying for the Silverstone car park or using the free Park & Ride service. Check out the ‘Transport & Parking’ page for full details of these options.
You might also find this page worth reading. (Guardian)
Hope this helps you decide on a host on the Trackrooms site